In Vegas I think I walked fifteen miles a day on the strip. I did forget my camera the day we actually did a lot of stuff, so the pictures aren't any famous "in front of the Bellagio" type shots. Just a silly picture of Nate's obsessed with crab legs expression at the Ceasar's buffet
and a fashion show at the fashion show mall. The fashion show was celebrating Barbie's 50th birthday with Dillard's fashion. While we were waiting for it to start, all we could see was a green strip on the floor that was roped off. We couldn't figure out where the models were going to come from, and out of nowhere the floor started to rise and the models were posed in a little glass box at the end.
After watching the show, I decided there is an alarming amount of models that are skinny and tall enough to pass off as Barbie lookalikes. Kinda freaky to see all the life-size dolls, but a little random adventure of the day. Another important point I would like to make - I am extremely disappointed in Treasure Island. If you have visited Vegas anytime recently you will understand. The whole Siren versus "seamen" show that used to be a pirate adventure was a joke. I understand that the family friendly Vegas didn't work out and they went back to the Sin City thing, but seriously? At least the other venues at least make their dirty antics a little creative.
The show in short: the sirens take a seaman captive. The seamen come to save him and the club music starts. There are a few numbers of sexual dancing from the sirens, then the pirates fire some cannons at the girl ship (like the old show, and the only good part left). The sirens then return the fire with another sexy dance and song that eventually..... sinks the seamen's ship. The sirens DANCE the boys to death. Kind of a Zoolander-ish walk-off without the funny.
So Nate is a DJ (a dang good dj) and I like to dance, so what would the vacation have been without a club? Now, before you roll your eyes and imagine the big dirty fest you see at clubs in this area (or state for that matter), just know that you're wrong. We went to Studio 54 and beside the few drunk couples hiding in dark corners, it was a bunch of people enjoying some good music and actually dancing! We were there most the night dancing our little tushies off and had so much fun!
All in all, we did a lot of walking, a lot of dancing, a little gambling (only came out down $5), eating, and sleeping. Does it get any better? I love my husband! He is a fun vacation buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment